Date and Time Math
Days Between Dates
By Time Duration:
Are you able to help others? Share this page.
Calculator to determine the number of days between two dates. Days between dates can have different meanings depending on the usage. This calculator calculates the number of days by time duration. In addition, it shows calculations for including and excluding the start and end dates. Note, this calculator will round to the nearest whole day. Therefore, days shorter or longer than 24 hours will be calculated as whole day. Some days can be shorter or longer. For example, a time change during day light savings can result in days being 23 or 25 hours. A description of each type is below. The images show how the days are counted in red.
- By Time Duration - This is the simply the difference between the dates. A day would be considered a jump from one day to another.
- Include Start/End - The start and ends dates are counted as a day each. This is commonly used in the travel and hospitality industry. For example, hotels and cruises will include the start and end date in marketing material for the number of days.
- Exclude Start/End - Only the days between the dates will be counted. Example, a task can not be worked on the start and end date.
Determining the number of days between dates has many uses.
- Determine the total number of days you have been alive. To calculate enter your birthday and the current date.
- It can be used for event planning. Such events can include weddings, anniversaries, graduations and vacations.
- Calculate the number of day left to complete a work task or homework assignment.
- Enter the start date using the date picker or spinner.
- Enter the end date using the date picker or spinner.
- Note, the solutions will automatically be updated when either of the input date fields are modified or changed.
Note: If the end date is before the start date, the calculator will still correctly calculate the number of days. In addition, the output solutions will always be positive.
|The beginning of the date range.
|The finish of the date range.
|By Time Duration
|The number of days calculated by subtracting the start end end dates.
|The number of days calculated by counting the start end end dates as one day each.
|The number of days calculated by ignoring the start end end dates.
Home: PopularIndex 1Index 2Index 3Index 4Infant ChartMath GeometryPhysics ForceFluid MechanicsFinanceLoan CalculatorNursing Math
Web Apps, Rich Internet Application, Technical Tools, Specifications, How to Guides, Training, Applications, Examples, Tutorials, Reviews, Answers, Test Review Resources, Analysis, Homework Solutions, Help, Data and Information for Engineers, Technicians, Teachers, Tutors, Researchers, K-12 Education, College and High School Students, Science Fair Projects and Scientists
By Jimmy Raymond