Cat Age to Human Age Conversion Calculator
How Old Is Your Cat In Human Terms
Are you able to help others? Share this page.
Determine if your cat is old or young in relation to human age. Use this app to convert cat age to human age.
This calculator uses a method developed by Monsieur LeBeau. After one year, your cat or kitten will have the equivalent age of a fifteen year old person. At two years, the pet will have an equivalent age of twenty four. Between two and fourteen calendar years, the cat will age at a rate of four human years. After fourteen calendar years, the feline will age at a rate of two human years.
The method above is more accurate than linear estimates. The commonly used linear estimate is seven cat years for each human year.
Note: This calculator give a rough estimate and may not be accurate for all breeds of cats. The life expectancy of animals is usually directly related to size. A large animal usually has a shorter life than a smaller animal. See a veterinarian for age related questions or any other health concerns for your pet.
- Enter the age of the cat in calendar years and months
- The app will automatically update the grid solutions and charts when any input values are updated.
How to calculate cat age?
Calculating a cat's age in human years can provide a better understanding of its life stage and health needs. Estimating a cat’s age in human years is not an exact science, but there is a formula you can use to get close.
- A cat's first year is roughly equivalent to 15 years in human time.
- A cat's second year is the same as a human's 9th year.
- For each year after the second year, add 4 human years.
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to calculate your cat's age in human years:
- Determine your cat's age in calendar years. This is the actual age of your cat based on its birthdate.
- If your cat is one year old or younger, multiply its age by 15.
For example, if your cat is six months old, it would be 0.5 (6 months / 12 months) x 15 = 7.5 human years.
- If your cat is two years old, consider the first year 15 human years and the second year 9 human years.
So, in this case, the cat's age in human years would be 15 + 9 = 24 years.
- For cats older than two years, follow these steps:
- Subtract 2 from your cat's age.
- Multiply the result by 4.
- Add 24 to the product (as the first two years have already been accounted for in the previous calculation).
For example, if your cat is five years old: (5-2) x 4 + 24 = 3 x 4 + 24 = 12 + 24 = 36 human years.
Remember, these calculations are approximate and may not be accurate for every cat. In addition, factors like breed, size, and overall health can affect a cat's aging process.
AJ Design Software - By Jimmy Raymond
Technical Tools, Specifications, How to Guides, Training, Applications, Examples, Tutorials, Reviews, Answers, Test Review Resources, Analysis, Homework Solutions, Help, Data and Information for Engineers, Technicians, Teachers, Tutors, Researchers, K-12 Education, College and High School Students, Science Fair Projects and Scientists