This page provides a math calculator to solve lattice multiplication. The lattice method is also called gelusia, Hindu, shabakh, sieve and Venetian squares multiplication methods. The method is commonly taught as part of the common core math curriculum.
The calculator shows the work and steps needed to get the solution.
Lattice Method Multiplication Calculator
Enter Values and Press Calculate
To compute the answer or result perform the following steps:
1) Enter the first number. This number will be placed on the top row of the table.
2) Enter the second number. This number will be placed on the first column of the array.
3) Press Calculate.
Note, the inputs must be positive whole numbers. Negative or zero entries will produce an error message.
The grid method simplifies the multiplication of two number. It breaks down large and complex problems using the distributive law of algebra. It uses a two dimensional grid or array to break down the problem. The steps are below.
1) For each of the numbers, break down or distribute to represent the top and left cells of the grid.
2) Next fill in the rest of the grid by multiply the broken down numbers. In the upper left corner place the tens values. In the lower right corner place the ones values.
3) Add the diagonal rows working for the lower right corner of the grid to the upper left. If the added diagonal is greater than 10, carry over the tens value to the next diagonal.
4) The result is represented by the left column and bottom row.
Was this page helpful? Share it.
Home: PopularIndex 1Index 2Index 3Index 4Infant ChartMath GeometryPhysics ForceFluid MechanicsFinanceLoan CalculatorNursing Math
Web Apps, Rich Internet Application, Technical Tools, Specifications, How to Guides, Training, Applications, Examples, Tutorials, Reviews, Answers, Test Review Resources, Analysis, Homework Solutions, Help, Data and Information for Engineers, Technicians, Teachers, Tutors, Researchers, K-12 Education, College and High School Students, Science Fair Projects and Scientists
By Jimmy Raymond